Telecommunications and Technology
The mission of the Telecommunications and Technology Unit is to provide quality leadership by defining systemwide telecommunication and technology policy and standards to the Colleges. The Unit provides communications support for the delivery of systemwide data, satellite, video, and voice communications. The Unit also provides learning support in the areas of technology training and online learning.
The Telecommunications and Technology Unit is responsible for:
- The oversight and funding of system wide technology programs, including: @ONE, CCCApply, CCCTran, 3C Media Solutions, CCCConfer, CVC, CCC Clearinghouse, CalPASS, and the CCC Technology Center.
- Membership and governance in CENIC, which provides to the community colleges and other educational segments access to high speed internet via its CalREN network; which also includes access to Internet 2 and National LambdaRail (NLR).
- Allocation of Telecommunications and Technology Infrastructure Program funds to the community colleges to support library technology and educational computing / network related costs.
- CCC Technology Award program administration and co-sponsorship with the Foundation for California Community Colleges (FCCC).
- Coordination with the FCCC and CENIC on shared initiatives.